Rowing is not only a great physical activity that works all major muscles; it is also a team sport whose values lead to a great social environment. Rowers come in all sizes and ages. The master rowing community is a large and thriving group of professionals who enjoy the mental and physical benefits of a team-oriented sport. This community is not limited to former youth rowers as more and more adults, who were never involved in rowing, learn the art.
Jacksonville Rowing Club provides for a great environment for returning rowers and newcomers alike. Rowers from their 20s to 40s to 70s and beyond find rowing to be a challenged sport that pushes their physical limits and provides for a great outdoor venue to enjoy our beautiful rivers.
Whether you are a returning rower or a newcomer, rowing is for you at any stage of your life. The art of rowing is ageless!
Membership in the Jacksonville Rowing Club is open to any and every adult. There are no restrictions. All you need is what the present members already have .... an interest in rowing.
Some prospects for membership make the common mistake that you must know how to row in order to join. Absolutely not! We will teach you how.
At the present time, the cost of membership is $50 per month, with an additional equipment fee of $350 assessed each May 1st (or otherwise prorated). Learn To Row class fees are separate (see Learn To Row Program); graduates of the Learn To Row Program can then become JRC members and will have the equipment fee waived during their first year of membership*
Your dues entitle you to:
- Use of club equipment for which you have been approved to row,
- Access to coaching,
- Access to the Members portion of the Club's web site,
- Club functions and social gatherings,
- Indoor rowing equipment, subject to certain restrictions, and
- Rowing with others in boats for multiple rowers.
Membership in the Jacksonville Rowing Club is extremely diverse. Our members have various backgrounds brought together by a common interest. Membership is well split between male and female. You may find people in their early 20's, but we also have members in their 70's.
Contact Us to learn more and schedule a visit to our facility. We are looking forward to meeting you.
If you are ready to join, please click here to download the JRC Membership application and follow the instructions.
* JRC Membership fees are $50 dollars per month with an annual capital equipment fee of $350 that is assessed in May of every year. Learn to Row Graduates are exempted from the full capital assessment fee for one full calendar year after their enrollment date. When an LTR graduate joins JRC, they owe the initial monthly membership fee of $50 plus a one-time $50 equipment fee, for a total of $100. At the 1 year anniversary of the LTR graduate’s enrollment, a “pro-rated” assessment fee will be added for any months after their 1 year anniversary date and before the next May 1 assessment. EXAMPLE: LTR Graduate Joins JRC October 1st of 2020. Initial payment is $100, and then $50 per month until October 1st of 2021 when the member will be billed for 8 months of the capital assessment fee or $240.00. In May of 2022 the member will be invoiced the full annual capital assessment fee of $350.00. Members pay the full $350.00 in May annually. Members may contact the Club Treasurer to request a monthly payment plan ($30/month) or split the payment into installments.