1. All Members of the Jacksonville Rowing Club, Inc. (JRC) are required to pay membership dues to have access and use of the equipment and the facilities.
2. Each member must sign a Release and Waiver Agreement Form (part of the membership application).
3. All novice members are required to row with another member or row when there are other crew personnel on the water. Rowers under 18years of age must be with a coach.
4. It is requested that advanced members also follow rule #3 above.
5. All members shall sign the log prior to leaving the dock. The log is found in the club mailbox located on the left side of the boathouse.
6. When the water has white caps, the equipment is not to be used. Use good judgment as to when the water is rowable. Large waves make for an unpleasant row.
7. Abuse of the equipment will not be tolerated. Accidental breaking or loss of equipment must be reported in accordance with JRC’s Damaged Equipment Policy and the member may be required to pay for the repair and/or replacement (Normal wear and tear is excluded).
8. Paying members are allowed to use the club-owned equipment for which they have been approved and have access to coaching facilitated by the club. The Masters Captain will determine the rowing proficiency of each Masters rower and will approve each member for the different classifications of club-owned boats: Beginner, Intermediate and/or Advanced. Guests may row only twice per calendar quarter. Guests are welcome to attend the club’s social functions.
9. Members are required to row near the shore with the shoreline on the rower's left shoulder.
10. Each member will be required to take a rowing competency test to determine whether or not he/she will be able to row a more advanced shell.
11. If a member flips a boat, he/she is responsible for breakage and retrieving the equipment (especially, the seat). We recommend that the boat be brought to shore before trying to get back into it.
12. Each member is responsible for washing the boats and oars after each use and for putting the equipment in the proper rack in the proper manner.
13. The boathouse area is to be kept secure. This means the gate is to be closed and locked while rowing and after rowing. Remember,all the equipment is to be put in its correct location.
14. No equipment may be borrowed from JRC without the approval of the Board of Directors.
15. Any member who abuses equipment or rules will lose his/her membership privileges immediately.
I hereby certify that I have read and understand the rules and regulations of the Jacksonville Rowing Club. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations and any changes as approved by the Board and posted in the boathouse. I further recognize that my failure to follow the rules may result in a fine, suspension or termination of my membership in the Jacksonville Rowing Club.
Please print, date and sign a copy of this document and keep a copy for yourself.