1. All Members of the Jacksonville Rowing Club, Inc. (JRC) arerequired to pay membership dues to have access and use of the equipment and thefacilities.
2. Each member must sign a Release and Waiver Agreement Form (partof the membership application).
3. All novice members are required to row with another member orrow when there are other crew personnel on the water. Rowers under 18years of age must be with a coach.
4. It is requested that advanced members also follow rule#3 above.
5. All members shall sign the log prior to leaving the dock. The log is found in the club mailbox located on the left side of the boathouse.
6. When the water has white caps, the equipment is not to beused. Use good judgment as to when the water is rowable. Largewaves make for an unpleasant row.
7. Abuse of the equipment will not be tolerated. Accidentalbreaking or loss of equipment must be reported in accordance with JRC’s Damaged Equipment Policy and the member may be requiredto pay for the repair and/or replacement (Normal wear and tear is excluded).
8. Paying members are allowed to use the club-owned equipment forwhich they have been approved and have access to coaching facilitatedby the club. The Masters Captain will determine the rowing proficiency ofeach Masters rower and will approve each member for thedifferent classifications of club-owned boats: Beginner, Intermediateand/or Advanced. Guests may row only twice per calendar quarter. Guests are welcome to attend the club’s social functions.
9. Members are required to row near the shore with the shoreline onthe rower's left shoulder.
10. Each member will be required to take a rowing competency test todetermine whether or not he/she will be able to row a more advanced shell.
11. If a member flips a boat, he/she is responsible for breakage andretrieving the equipment (especially, the seat). We recommend that theboat be brought to shore before trying to get back into it.
12. Each member is responsible for washing the boats and oars aftereach use and for putting the equipment in the proper rack in the proper manner.
13. The boathouse area is to be kept secure. This means thegate is to be closed and locked while rowing and after rowing. Remember,all the equipment is to be put in its correct location.
14. No equipment may be borrowed from JRC without the approval ofthe Board of Directors.
15. Any member who abuses equipment or rules will lose his/hermembership privileges immediately.
I hereby certify that I have read and understand the rulesand regulations of the Jacksonville Rowing Club. I agree to abide by the rulesand regulations and any changes as approved by the Board and posted in theboathouse. I further recognize that my failure to follow the rules mayresult in a fine, suspension or termination of my membership in theJacksonville Rowing Club.
Pleaseprint, date and sign a copy of this document and keep a copy for yourself.